When To Hire A Worker’s Compensation Lawyer
Many employees do not know their rights or when to seek legal help. If you believe you are being treated unfairly by your employer or their insurer, you have every right to consult legal counsel.
I am Law Office of Lisa A. Wiebusch LLC, a worker’s compensation lawyer with 30 years of experience helping injured workers in Wisconsin. I invite you to call me for a free consultation if you are dealing with any of the following after being hurt on the job:
- Your worker’s compensation claim has been denied.
- Your benefits were calculated incorrectly.
- You believe your disability rating is too low.
- The insurer won’t authorize necessary medical treatment.
- The insurer won’t let you see a different doctor.
- You are ordered to an independent medical exam (IME).
- Your employer is forcing you back to work before you are healed.
- Your employer refuses to honor light duty or work restrictions.
- Your employer unreasonably refuses to rehire you.
Learn Your Rights And How An Attorney Can Help
Errors in your benefits or disability rating can add up to thousands of dollars over the duration of your claim. You are entitled to all necessary medical care and the time off you need to heal from your injury or illness, but insurers often decline expensive treatments, and employers often pressure workers to get back to work. When insurers request an independent medical exam, it almost always means they are planning to terminate your benefits. If any of these apply, it’s time to talk to a lawyer.
I can help you appeal a denied claim and assert your rights. I can represent you if your employer tries to terminate your employment or retaliate in any way for filing claims or missing work. I handle worker’s compensation throughout Wisconsin. Call me at 715-907-7175 or contact me online.